Join our team!
FAIRmat is seeking a training and documentation expert for research data management in materials science (materials scientist, data scientist, physicist). Join the dynamic FAIRmat team at its headquarter at the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin towards shaping the future of research data management and materials science!
- You will be responsible for developing training and documentation materials for both researchers and trainers.
- You will establish a web-based platform containing these materials (videos, online courses, exercises, documentation, etc.). This platform will train users how to implement research data management with FAIRmat’s data infrastructure NOMAD.
- You will work at the interface between the infrastructure developers and the outreach team.
- You will present the materials at research institutions, workshops, and international conferences.
- You have the possibility of pursuing a doctorate in the field of physics (didactics).
- Academic degree (master or similar) or Ph.D. in physics, materials science, computer science, or another relevant field;
- Affinity for software design and good understanding of website and graphic design fundamentals;
- Passion for research data management and data literacy, science communication, physics / materials science didactics, and academic teaching;
- Experience with Linux based operating systems, shell scripts, version control with Git, and containerization with Docker;
- Experience in processing, screening, clearing, and analyzing data; ideally, familiarity with Jupyter, NumPy, Pandas, scitik-learn, Plotly, JSON, other machine learning or artificial intelligence libraries, REST APIs, and databases;
- Pronounced ability to work collaboratively with a large international team; excellent team spirit;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; strong organization skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and German.
What we offer
A stimulating, multidisciplinary working environment, a pay scale classification (TV-L), ample development opportunities, and flexible working hours. The majority of the FAIRmat team is based at the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin. The positions are limited until September 30, 2026 with a perspective towards prolongation.
Who we are
FAIRmat stands for FAIR Data Infrastructure for Condensed-Matter Physics and the Chemical Physics of Solids. FAIRmat is a consortium of the National Research Data Infrastructure NFDI. We are building a FAIR data infrastructure for materials science and related research areas. FAIRmat develops NOMAD, the largest database for computational materials science research data, worldwide. We are currently advancing our data infrastructure towards materials synthesis, experimental physics, theory, and data processing workflows. This new digital infrastructure, based on leading-edge IT technologies, supports Open Data and Open Science towards data-centric materials science.
... Interested in joining FAIRmat?
Excited by the prospect of joining us? Send us your application (single pdf containing your motivation letter, cv, certificates, and 3 references) via our contact form or by e-mail to Victoria Coors (email@example.com).
- Victoria Coors (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sandor Brockhauser (email@example.com)