Join our team!
FAIRmat is seeking an expert for materials synthesis data (TV-L E13). Join the dynamic FAIRmat team at its headquarters at the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin and work towards shaping the future of research data management and materials science! All genders are encouraged to apply.
- You will develop materials synthesis specific aspects within the consortium FAIRmat, and interact with internal and external partners;
- You will contribute to the development on NOMAD, a web-based application for managing, visualizing, and sharing scientific data with a focus on synthesis data;
- You will build and establish software tools, data models, standards and ontologies for materials synthesis and harmonize them with data from experiment & theory;
- You will help users to apply and establish these tools for their research data management;
Possibility of shorter and, if necessary, longer stays at partner institutes, and presentation of our project at conferences and workshops.
- An academic degree at Master’s level or higher in physics, chemistry, materials science, computer science, or another relevant field;
- Excellent understanding of scientific and experimental workflows in materials synthesis from the melt, gas phase, solid phase and solution, or synthesis by assembly - from sample preparation, characterization to data analysis;
- Very good programming skills in Python;
- Experience in software developing with Linux, Docker and Git;
- Experience with data analysis and visualization, using APIs, databases;
- Experience in developing ontologies is a plus;
- Ability to interact and communicate with experts from different scientific fields;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Proficiency in German is a plus.
- Strong teamwork skills and enthusiasm for bringing together people with diverse backgrounds and interests.
What we offer
A stimulating, multidisciplinary working environment, a pay scale classification (TV-L), ample development opportunities, and flexible working hours. The majority of the FAIRmat team is based at the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin. The project is funded until September 30, 2026 with prospect towards prolongation.
Who we are
FAIRmat stands for FAIR Data Infrastructure for Condensed-Matter Physics and the Chemical Physics of Solids. FAIRmat is a consortium of the National Research Data Infrastructure NFDI. We are building a FAIR data infrastructure for materials science and related research areas. FAIRmat develops NOMAD, the largest database for computational materials science research data, worldwide. We are currently advancing our data infrastructure towards materials synthesis, experimental physics, theory, and data processing workflows. This new digital infrastructure, based on leading-edge IT technologies, supports Open Data and Open Science towards data-centric materials science.
... Interested in joining FAIRmat?
Excited by the prospect of joining us? Please submit your application as a single PDF file, which should include your motivation letter, CV, certificates, and 3 references. Send us your application by e-mail to Victoria Coors (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Victoria Coors (email@example.com)