Join our team!
FAIRmat is seeking an outreach and science communication expert (TV-L E13). Join the dynamic FAIRmat team at its headquarters at the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin and work towards shaping the future of research data management and materials science! All genders are encouraged to apply.
- You will initiate, plan, and execute outreach activities;
- You will organize tutorials, workshops, schools, and other internal and external events on the local and international level (together with domain experts within FAIRmat);
- You will interact with developer teams and domain experts, and organize internal team building events;
- You will be the FAIRmat community manager;
- You will support and manage national and international scientific collaborations;
- You will prepare newsletters, informational brochures, flyers, and other outreach materials;
- You will present the project at national and international conferences (through talks, poster presentations, and information booths);
- You will manage and update the webpage and social media channels of FAIRmat;
- You will be the point of contact with the outreach representatives of other related projects and the NFDI.
- PhD (or similar experience) in natural science or engineering;
- Excellent communication skills, strong teamwork skills, and enthusiasm for bringing together people with diverse backgrounds and interests;
- Ability to write scientific and administrative reports;
- Experience in planning and execution of international research projects;
- Fluent English and German (CEFR B2/C1), excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Ability to work independently;
- Goal-oriented, reliable, and organized way of working;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure;
- Skills in negotiation and mediation;
- Proficiency in using Microsoft office, graphic design and layout software such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, or similar tools to create visually appealing and professional communication materials;
- Knowledge about big-data projects and data infrastructure is a plus;
- Passion for science, curiosity about new discoveries, and commitment to promoting scientific literacy and public engagement.
What we offer
A stimulating, multidisciplinary working environment, a pay scale classification (TV-L), ample development opportunities, and flexible working hours. The majority of the FAIRmat team is based at the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin. The project is funded until September 30, 2026 with prospect towards prolongation.
Who we are
FAIRmat stands for FAIR Data Infrastructure for Condensed-Matter Physics and the Chemical Physics of Solids. FAIRmat is a consortium of the National Research Data Infrastructure NFDI. We are building a FAIR data infrastructure for materials science and related research areas. FAIRmat develops NOMAD, the data infrastructure for materials science research data, embracing data from materials synthesis, experimental characterization, computational materials science, and data-.processing workflows. This new digital infrastructure, based on leading-edge IT technologies, supports Open Data and Open Science towards data-centric materials science.
... Interested in joining FAIRmat?
Excited by the prospect of joining us? To apply, please submit a single PDF file containing your motivation letter, CV, certificates, and references by e-mail to Victoria Coors (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Victoria Coors (email@example.com)