Join our team!
FAIRmat is seeking an expert (all genders) for biophysical data. Join the dynamic FAIRmat team at its headquarter at the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin towards shaping the future of research data management and materials science!
- You will be responsible for the development of the biophysics-specific aspects within the consortium FAIRmat, and interact with external partners;
- You will build and maintain a network of stakeholders in the data-intensive field of biophysical research in Germany. A particular focus will be the handling of biophysical data from techniques such as electron microscopy and molecular simulations.
- Academic degree (master or similar) or Ph.D. in physics, biophysics, life sciences, materials science, computer science, or another relevant field;
- Excellent understanding of biophysical workflows in silico, in vitro, in vivo - from sample preparation to data processing;
- Good programming skills in Python; ideally experience with data processing, using APIs, databases, and advanced image analysis;
- Experience in developing ontologies is a plus;
- Ability to interact and communicate with experts from different scientific fields;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and possibly also in German;
- Strong teamwork skills and enthusiasm for bringing together people with diverse backgrounds and interests.
What we offer
A stimulating, multidisciplinary working environment, a pay scale classification (TV-L), ample development opportunities, and flexible working hours. The majority of the FAIRmat team is based at the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin. The project is funded until September 30, 2026 with a perspective towards prolongation.
Who we are
FAIRmat stands for FAIR Data Infrastructure for Condensed-Matter Physics and the Chemical Physics of Solids. FAIRmat is a consortium of the National Research Data Infrastructure NFDI. We are building a FAIR data infrastructure for materials science and related research areas. FAIRmat develops NOMAD, the largest database for computational materials science research data, worldwide. We are currently advancing our data infrastructure towards materials synthesis, experimental physics, theory, and data processing workflows. This new digital infrastructure, based on leading-edge IT technologies, supports Open Data and Open Science towards data-centric materials science.
... Interested in joining FAIRmat?
Excited by the prospect of joining us? Send us your application (single pdf containing your motivation letter, cv, certificates, and 3 references) via our contact form or by e-mail to Victoria Coors (email@example.com).
- Victoria Coors (firstname.lastname@example.org)