Join our team!
FAIRmat and the brand-new NOMAD HUB - NOMAD Data Center at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin are seeking several highly qualified and motivated colleagues to join the dynamic NOMAD team towards shaping the future of materials science!
Electrochemical energy storage in batteries is a critical technology within the energy transition towards more sustainable energy storage and conversion. Progress in this field will enormously benefit from the application of modern data management tools including artificial intelligence procedures, as addressed in the FAIRmat consortium. Through your engagement in FAIRmat and the NOMAD HUB - NOMAD Data Center at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin you can contribute to develop and apply such RDM tools.
- You will help to develop and apply modern data management tools for data acquisition, storage, visualization and analysis of data in battery research
- You will work at the interface between battery research and information technology
- You will mediate communication between the project partners in Task E1 and establish connections with other use cases, such as heterogeneous catalysis, metal organic frameworks, and optoelectronics, as well as with other NFDI initiatives. Furthermore, you will interact with other joint research efforts devoted to research data management in battery research, such as the Cluster of Excellence POLiS and the EU Large-scale Initiative Battery2030+.
- Completed academic degree (master or similar) or Ph.D. in computer science, mathematics, physics, materials science, or another relevant field
- Affinity for software-design
- Experience with Linux based operating systems and knowledge of common tools in version control, containerization, and continuous deployment/integration is a plus
- Experience with implementation and usage of REST APIs
- Understanding of databases and experience with a widespread system (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Independent and communicative way of working with good team spirit
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
What we offer
A stimulating, multidisciplinary working environment, a pay scale classification (TV-L), ample development opportunities, and flexible working hours. The majority of the team will be based at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, but may spend time in partner groups all over Germany. The positions are limited until 30 September 2026 with a perspective towards prolongation. You will work at the FAIRmat headquarters, the brand-new NOMAD Data Center at HU Berlin.
Who we are
FAIRmat stands for FAIR Data Infrastructure for Condensed-Matter Physics and the Chemical Physics of Solids. FAIRmat is a consortium of the National Research Data Infrastructure NFDI, which is building a FAIR data infrastructure for materials science and related research areas. The NOMAD HUB - NOMAD Data Center at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin is the FAIRmat headquarters. NOMAD Novel Materials Discovery Laboratory is the biggest data store in computational materials science, worldwide. We are currently advancing its data infrastructure towards materials synthesis, experimental physics, theory, and data processing workflows. The new digital infrastructure and cloud services based on leading-edge IT technologies supports Open Data and Open Science towards data-centric materials science involving Artificial Intelligence.
... Interested in joining FAIRmat?
Excited by the prospect of joining us? Send us your application (single pdf containing your motivation letter, cv, certificates, and 3 references) via our contact form or by e-mail to Victoria Coors (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Victoria Coors (email@example.com)